Monday, June 14, 2004

Ex Lightning Pegasus 2004 ~ DaY tWo...

Woke up early in the morning at about 5am. Had some light breakfast and headed to the temple. By tradition, all training troops should go up to the temple to pray prior to their exercise, so that they would have a safe training exercise. Usually the commanders would go and represent the whole units. The temple us situated on top of a mountain which is directly behind KMC. And when I say its a mountain, its really a mountain. Bukit Timah Hill is nothing compared to it. There is only one way to the temple. And that's the very very very steep staircase that brings you from the foot of the mountain to the very top! We are suppose to climb up the steps, one at a time, without skipping any steps. This is a way of showing our sincerity. By the time we got up to the temple, all of us were out of breathe, legs cramped and unable to stand straight. But for the safety of our troops, I guess its worth it. I prayed for my troops to have a safe journey and that everyone will go home safely. I also prayed a little bit extra. I prayed for my little darling to be safe in Singapore too.... haha.. Typical Singaporean... climb so high already, so must make as much request as I can.... haha...

After the temple trip, we went to do a recce at the training area. Nearly fainted when I saw the kind of terrain that we need to travel through. Its gonna be one hell of a nightmare...

Had a quick lunch and then went to prepare my vehicle for the exercise. Help the guys load the ammo into the guns and by nightfall, we were good to go. Went to take a quick shower at the ever smelly bathing area. Must enjoy a bit before going outfield mah... haha... the bathing area is really disgusting. Its just one BIG rectangular concrete container filled with water that looks very green cuz of the thick layers of algae in it. We just use some scoop to scoop the water up and bath. VERY DISGUSTING SIGHT. But then again. No choice. Bath or suffer the discomfort.... haha...

Went back to sleep asap after that. Must catch as much sleep as I can before the exercise, cuz I would definitely not get to sleep when I am out there in the field... Praying for good weather before I doze off...