Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Ex Lightning Pegasus 2004 ~ DaY tHree to fOuR...

Started the Live Firing Exercise early in the morning. As predicted, the journey to the firing area was damn screwed up. Terrain was so bad that a lot of equipment were damaged before we even start the whole damn thing. Our vehicles have to bash through thick vegetation and I suffer most of it. This is because I have to pop my head out of the commander's hatch and got the direct hit from all that branches, thorns and ants. Wei wen was driving freaking fast and I always dun have enough time to hide... full of injuries now.

Live firing was pretty easy. Just the usual stuff we always practice. Just that this time round real ammo are used. Bad things is that all the senior ppl keep comming to my command post to check on me... sian... wanna relax a bit also cannot. There were some hiccups here and there but they were quickly resolved by my boss. They weren't the best solution I must say, but at that kind of condition, we only need one man to make a command decision. The rest will follow. No questions asked. No arguments. No negotiations. If its a bad decision, whoever gives the order have to bear the responsibilities and consequences. That's how things work.

Finished live firing earlier than expected on the 2nd day which means we got more time to do the maintenance and admin stuff... Missing darling a lot but can't find a phone to call here... too pai seh to borrow from ppl cuz its kinda expensive to call overseas... sigh...