Monday, October 01, 2007

Mersing 2007

Singapore is a small country and there's seriously not many places we can go to, especially for bikers. We need long stretches of roads to exercise our beast once in a while and Malaysia is our nearest alternative. When I was riding my Super 4, I used to be very hesitant when friends asked me to join them for rides up north. Most of them were riding Class 2 bikes and its really tedious for a 400cc to be chasing Class 2 bikes. Average traveling speed of 140kph to 180kph is very normal for them, but it will max out my Super 4. So I chose to stay put in Singapore. All these will change, now that I have my Hayabusa. Weekend rides up north are no longer tedious or stressful. Now is time to enjoy the ride.... Me, my bike and the endless road ahead... It may not always be a smooth journey... but nothing is going to stop me from moving forward.
The furthest I've went with my Super 4 was to Bukit Indah for Supper. It was a small town about 40km from the 2nd link. On my virgin trip with my busa, I went to Mersing... a small town by the South China Sea, about 150km from the 1st link, via Route 3. It was a simple and short trip. Together with me were Andrew and Louise and we got Andrew's friend, Singh, to lead us there. Singh is a very experienced rider who have rode up to Thailand, India, Laos etc.... He is fast.... very fast. I had a hard time catching up, probably because I was still not used to my bike and also unfamiliar with the road condition...
A light breakfast at JB town... That's Singh.
From left to right: Me (Busa), Singh(R1), Andrew(K6), Louise(K6)
Mid-point... Resting at a petrol station that is situated in the middle of nowhere... Never even see that brand of petrol before... think its BHP.... anyway, I don't have to pump petrol here. My busa fuel consumption is very good when traveling at high speed so I don't have to top up that often. In Singapore, 1 full tank can last me about 240km. During this trip, 1 full tank lasted me 340km~! Moral of the story.... GO FAST~!
Reached Mersing at about 12pm but all the shops are closed~! We forgot that its fasting month for the Malays, so all the eating houses won't be open until evening.... -___-"""
No choice... can only hang around for some drinks before heading to the main town area for food...
It was a very nice and cooling place. That's the South China Sea behind me! The photo does not do justice to the very scenic view. You have to see it for yourself.... =)
Me, Singh, Andrew and Louise
After lunch at the town... preparing to go back to Singapore.
Mersing