Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Friends...

332 friends in my friendster but how many are true friends? 200 ++ contacts in my handphone but how many can I count on? Sighz... Needed to take up Study Loan from the Army to pay for my school fees for SIM. As per normal, needed 2 guarantors. My mum thought it was no big deal and went ahead to call a few relatives and she was shocked when they all give her weird reasons and rejected to help. I told her its never easy to find guarantors especially where money is concern. Finally she found an old friend who agreed to help, because she was stuck in a similar difficult situation when she needed a guarantor years back.

After seeing all my mum's failed attempts with relatives and friends, I decided I should get my friends to help. Well, anyway, looking at my handphone contact list, it seems like I have a lot of friends. Shouldn't be a problem finding just 1 guarantor, right? I was damn wrong. Send quite a msg to a number of friends and none replied. I guess I made a right choice by sending SMSs instead of calling directly. This way, if anyone don't wanna help, they just don't reply and I'll get the hint. Of all the people I sent to. Only Martin and Andrew replied. Martin agreed without hesistation. And Andrew agreed after giving me a good scolding for not showing sincerity by calling direct. Well, I ended up getting Martin to help since Andrew's schedule is very packed.

This was an eye opening experience for me and I really got to understand better who are the friends I can count on when I needed help. These are the people who trust me and know me well enough. The same people who went through thicks and thins with me. To all my true friends (now I think there's not many), I appreciate all the trusts and confidences you have in me. I appreciate your willingness to go through shit with me. You are the man and you will be remembered!