Saturday, August 28, 2004

NCC Day Dinner

Went for the NCC Day Dinner on invitation by my YTSS CO, Mr Lee. Its really very nice of him to remember me and even to ask me back to join him in the dinner. Its quite a nice event. Got to meet some old friends, some ex-cadets, some of them whom I've trained before. Its good to see that everyone is doing well and progressing in their life. Didn't get to see many people from 42nd Intake, the last intake that I trained. Not many of them though but its good enough.

Surprised to see Chia Yujin. He is my senior. A guy I respect a lot as a senior. He's studying in UK now but came back during his holidays. Nice to see him again. Saw a lot of familiar faces too but can't remember their names anymore.

NCC has changed alot since I left. A lot more welfare now. More emphasis on things that make sense. No more coporal punishments but with that came a lot of discipline problems. That's what my juniors told me. Gone were the days where physical punishments dominate the day. Now its all welfare. Maybe its good, maybe its bad, I don't know. Not of my greatest concern now anyway, but I just wanna wish NCC all the best.