Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Operation Typhoon

After more than 5 years of living in my messy room, I've finally decided to do something about it. A new paint job and a rearrangement of furniture is what my room needs.... And Operation Typhoon begins...
After the first wave of typhoon, I realised how much junks my room has... I can't believe I still can find my primary school textbooks and secondary school notes in my room... I cleared loads of stuffs from my room and I do it with one simple rule. Anything that has not been touched for the last 2 years will be thrown away!!! Yes ANYTHING at all.... These included things like sec sch notes, poly notes, display items on my shelf etc. I also threw away more than 10 bags which I've not used for the last 5 years... Okie lah, I didn't really threw them away... I packed them up nicely and leave it near the rubbish collection area, and hopefully the rubbish collector will be interested in it and bring it back to use... Mind you, the bags are in pretty good condition and non of them are spoiled or anything.. They just didn't fit the "one simple rule"....
Then begins the painting. My room is damn small and I thought it would be easy. I am soooooo WRONG! It is precisely because it is small, that's why it was extremely difficult to paint. Too little spaces to shift the furnitures around. The shelf, bed and table practically took up every inch of my room. I had to work within confined spaces and it is definitely straining on the muscles... Needless to say, I ended up with a few days of backache.... -___-""
Luckily, Agnes was here to help~! Despite a hard day at work, she came over immediately after work to help with the painting. Thank you~!!! We were suppose to go out, but we ended up spending the whole night painting because I under-estimated the amount of work to be done... Sorry~!
This is my room BEFORE Operation Typhoon....

This is my room AFTER Operation Typhoon~! Okie lah, didn't really managed to squeeze out more space with the new furniture arrangement, but it does looks neater right? hehehe...

My table and study area BEFORE....

My table and study area AFTER~!

My shelf BEFORE....

My shelf AFTER~!