Sunday, May 18, 2008

Test riding the Harleys~!

Went to test ride the Harley today with Andrew. While having lunch at Alexander, happen to meet Lionel and asked him to come along too. He made the right decision of joining us cuz there were enough test bikes for all 3 of us~!
Before we hop onto the bikes, we have to sign the form. We are all very excited!!!!
Of course, my little dear will be patiently waiting for me at the showroom while we go out and have fun with the bikes. Thanx dear~! :)
We set off with me riding the Fat Bob, Andrew on the Nightster and Lionel on the Street Bob. Midway, we switched bikes and I got to test the Nightster. Lionel was really impressed with the Harley, even though the thought of buying one never crossed his mind. His opinion of Harley certainly has changed.

Unknown to many, Harley is not just a chunk of heavy metals. The technology for Harley bikes has changed alot, just that the outlook remains the same to maintain the Harley image. Do you know that Harley bikes have this tilt sensor thingy which will cancel the signal for you after you've made you left or right turn!!! Not a big deal, but at least I've not known of any other bike that does that, let alone a Harley which is always perceived by many as old technology...

I went with the intial idea of exploring the Fat Bob cuz I was really into it. But I was surprised to find myself attracted to the Street Bob more... The Street Bob looks much better in real life than in the magazine.

Andrew is most probably gonna pay the deposit to get his Nightster. I will follow suit soon once I get back to work. Do not misunderstand. I have nothing against my Hayabusa and I love every seconds spent on it. Its just that the bike is giving me very bad shoulder, neck and back ache everytime I ride. And considering that I ride everyday on Singapore road, I am exposed to Uncle Sam constantly and I really love my license. =P

And like what others said, I don't go fast on straights (i.e. above 200km/h). I don't play corners. I am simply not fully utilizing the potential of my bike.... :(
haha... okie lah... maybe I am just finding excuses to change bike... =P
Still to early to make any decision... I shall take my time to decide...