Sunday, September 26, 2004

Army Half Marathon!

Today is the day we've been training for~!
The Army Half Marathon and Sheares Bridge Run~!!!!
Woke up at 3am in the morning, had a quick breakfast before making our way to the padang. Registered ourselves by 4am and we were all at the startline by 5.45am, ready for flag off..... unluckily, I am in the competition team, so no matter how much I wanna slack.... I still gotta run.... no choice... Stupid Isaac got his leg injured last minute and made me replace him... sianz....
And so it started..... I was running... and running... and running.... and running.... there seems no end to it.... I see endless stretch of runners in front of me... I see endless stretch of runners behind me.... I am really wondering how many people are actually running~! Imagine this.... I have people overtaking me throughout the entire 21km run.... but then again, who cares lah... my job is just the run, so I'll just run. The best part of the entire marathon is running up the Sheares Bridge and ECP.... haha.... how many ppl actually get the chance to run on ECP~! Okie, excludes the 60,000 ppl who turned up for the run. =P
The rest of the route was boring... so boring that I nearly fell asleep running....
Finally its over. I was actually more interested in the fun fair that was in the padang. Went for the tiger balm massage, grab some free marigold milk, went for a free deodorant spray and got a free can of deodorant, ate pizza and garlic bread... haha... that's much more fun... =P

Met up with Jas after that. At about 4pm we were queueing at outside Shaw House's Mac to get the lanyard that 98.7 FM was giving out. Its not the lanyard that I'm interested in but the lucky draw coupon that comes with it. The prize? 500 bucks of Hereen Shopping Voucher~!!!! We were lucky... at first we thought that we won't get the lanyard cuz by the look at the number of ppl in front of us, it seems as if there are more than 100 ppl. But lucky Jas managed to get the last one~! How lucky is that~! And she did a good deed by giving her lanyard to the little boy behind her. Of course we kept the lucky draw to ourselves... hehe.... seeing that we are having some luck, we decided to come and queue tomorrow and increase our chances~!