Thursday, June 07, 2007

In respond to Michelle's comment in the tagboard:
Theories aside, I don't drink like an alcoholic, I don't smoke, I'm not a clubbing addict, I don't gamble, and I don't go crazy over soccer. My only interest is bike. It is dangerous, yes. But it is a healthy interest. Everyone needs to have something they enjoy doing. Girls like branded stuffs, like shopping, manicures etc. Guys like sports, cars, computer games etc. Why can't I be allowed to like what i like? Riding is more dangerous? You mean driving means you are safer? I hardly think so. Riding is not MORE dangerous. It is just more unforgiving when things happen. Which is why blur people should never ride, so as not to be a road hazard.

I respect Jas decision not to ride with me. Cuz afterall, riding is my own interest and I would not force her to like riding just because I like riding. I will drive her around or take public transport with her if she want. But asking me to give up my interest is just unreasonable. It will not happen, so stop trying.

I believe in a relationship, its not about changing someone to suit your lifestyle, but rather, learning to live with each other, compromise, and love your partner for who he/she is. You love him/her for who he/she is. Not for what he/she can become of. Not for how well he/she can change to suit your life. Such things are never easy and were never meant to be easy to begin with. Which is why human interaction is so interesting. It takes 2 hands to clap. If a couple love each other, they will both put in effort to make sure the relationship works. If either one becomes half-hearted and refuse to work things out, things will never work out.

So to all out there. Are you looking for someone who is customised to your requirements? If you are, then stop looking amongst the seas of people because it is not human companionship you are looking for. What you need is a robot which you can programme. And hopefully, you will live happily ever after with it (provided it don't break down).