Saturday, May 28, 2005

A slow day...

Started off the day stoning in front of my computer in the morning. Got so bored until I decided to go out. Not too used to having so much time on hand, so I really what I wanna do or where I wanna go. Wanted to go bike hunting, but was lazy and its also kinda boring to be doing it alone. Now that Andrew is working full-time, I have no more biking buddy. Martin's working so that option is out too. Wanted to ride on my own to town but the weather was pretty bad, so decided to drive instead... I hate to drive to town on weekdays cuz the parking cost a bomb~! But never mind... not as if I always have off days. =P

Went to Starbucks Suntec to look for Din. Got a free caramel machiato as usual. He showed me his latest craze, the Creative Zen Neon. Looks kinda cool. He's going to buy it tomorrow. And he told me he's going to buy his iMac tomorrow too. Rich bugger...

Didn't stay long cuz got nothing to do. So I wonder around Suntec and ended up in the bookshop. Saw an interesting book, "Who moved my cheese". Kinda interesting and was contemplating whether to buy or not. Decided to read it there instead cuz there wasn't too many pages. Managed to finish reading the book. Quite an interesting and inspirational one. Some knowledge gained and a few bucks saved.

Met Jas at the MRT station and we went to Forum to meet Shi Xian. Was scheduled to attend a seminar on how to write a Will. Now then I realised the importance of a Will. And I also discover that not only is it expensive to fall sick in Singapore, it is also very expensive to die in Singapore. Just the expenses and taxes on the assets you left after you die, amounts to about 15-60%. That means your family will get only between 40 to 85% of your assets. How sad is that. So the conclusion is, don't fall sick and don't die. Will decide on whether I wanna write a Will soon. Not that I have a lot of money to distribute. But having a Will will definitely make the process more straight forward and shorten the time needed. If anyone is interested, can go to this site for more info: www.trustone.com.sg